An easy recipe for a delicious dessert!
- 1 puff pastry sheet, defrosted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar + 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lay parchment paper down on a cookie sheet and unfold 1 puff pastry sheet onto it.
- Score a 1-inch edge around the pastry, careful not to cut all the way through. This creates an edge to hold in the tart ingredients.
- Beat 1 egg, and then brush the edge with the egg wash.
- Take 1 tablespoon of sugar and sprinkle it all around the edge.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and chill in the fridge as you make other ingredients.
- Wash 1 cup of blueberries and then mix with 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes. Remove, stir and set aside to cool.
- Take cream cheese and mix with 1/3 cup powdered sugar (or regular sugar, if you’re in a pinch).
- Next, add the vanilla bean paste (or regular vanilla) to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Heat for about 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Take puff pastry from fridge and spread vanilla bean cream cheese to the scored edge.
- Next spoon over the blueberry compote all over the cream cheese.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American