- 2 lbs strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar (raw sugar)
- 2 refrigerated puff pastries or 2 boxes of frozen puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- powdered sugar
- Clean and slice the strawberries and add 1/4 cup of sugar. Cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour, best overnight.
- When the strawberries are ready, preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- Place a piece of parchment paper down on a large cookie sheet.
- Unroll the long rectangular refrigerated puff pastry and lay it on the parchment paper, roll out the edges just a bit If using the frozen square-size puff pastry, defrost and use a rolling pin to roll the edges of each square together to make one long rectangle.
- Use a slotted spoon to spread the strawberries all over that puff pastry to prevent extra juice from getting on the puff pastry. Make sure to keep a 1-inch border of the puff pastry, for rolling the edges.
- Take the second rectangular puff pastry and roll it out to match about the same size as the first one.
- Lay the top puff pastry over the strawberries.
- Roll and pinch the edges of the two puff pastries together all around the edges.
- Brush the top of the puff pastry with cream.
- Sprinkle the 1 tablespoon of turbinado sugar all around the top of the puff pastry.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before slicing into squares.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1 square
Keywords: strawberry pie, strawberry puff pastry, strawberry slab pie, strawberry tart