A delicious alternative for the barbecue!
- 4 portabella mushrooms
- 4 oz VELVEETAÂ® Queso Blanco brick, cubed
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes and chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat grill.
- Defrost frozen spinach for 5-6 minutes on high in the microwave in a large bowl.
- Cube the cream cheese.
- Cube the VELVEETAÂ® Queso Blanco brick.
- Drain the can of tomatoes and chilies.
- Add the cream cheese, VELVEETAÂ® Queso Blanco, tomatoes and chilies, and garlic powder to the spinach and mix until combined.
- Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Then stir.
- Microwave again on high for 1-3 minutes until cheese is completely melted. Stir until smooth.
- While the spinach queso is in the microwave, wipe the tops of the portabella caps with a damp paper towel to get any excess dirt.
- Then, pull out the stems, and use a spoon to gently remove the gills.
- Spray a metal pan with olive oil.
- Fill each portabella cap with spinach queso – about 4 tablespoons.
- Place each portabella in the metal pan. Then place the pan directly onto the hot grill. Shut the lid.
- Allow the caps to cook for 7-10 minutes. Checking every 5 minutes or so.
- Remove from pan and serve immediately
- Category: Main Dish / Side Dish
- Cuisine: American