These Spider-Man Spider Web Brownies are easy and fun to make and the perfect treat for a Spider-Man or Avengers movie.
- Buy a 9 x 13 size package of brownie mix.
- Make the brownies according to the package instructions. But, use an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan to make them thicker.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely.
- Put 8-10 marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir. They should look a little gooey.
- Wait about 30 seconds to 1 minute to let the marshmallows cool just slightly.
- Take a small pinch between your thumb and forefinger and begin stretching the marshmallow.
- Use your other thumb and forefinger to stretch it more.
- Once you’ve stretched it, gently lay it over the brownie from once side to the other.
- Continue pulling and stretching small pinches of marshmallow over the brownies until you’ve covered it with as much “spider web” as you want.
- When you’re satisfied, take the red sugar crystals and shake them all over the marshmallow spider web.
- Pop the brownies in the freezer for a few minutes to harden the marshmallows before slicing into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you don’t cool off the marshmallows, when you cut the brownies with a knife, the marshmallows will just pull right off because they are under pressure from being pulled. So be careful when cutting the brownies.
I also recommend running your knife under hot water to help with cutting the sticky marshmallows.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Spider-Man, Spiderman, Spider-Man Treats, Spider-Man Cake, Spider Web Cake, Spiderweb cake, Spider-Man Brownies