- 1 package of double stuffed Oreo’s
- 2 bags of 8 oz Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1 bag of Wilton gold cake sequin sprinkles
- 1 package of Air Head Extreme rainbow berry sour candy
- Freeze a water bottle into the freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour beforehand.
- Melt the chocolate wafers in the microwave in 30 second increments.
- Stir after each 30 seconds, and keep heating and stirring until the chocolate is completely smooth and melted.
- Once melted, dip an OREO into the chocolate.
- Use a fork to flip it over so that it’s totally coated and then carefully pick it up and lightly tap it on the edge of the bowl to get rid of the excess chocolate.
- Place it on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Do this with the rest of the OREOs.
- Pop the cookie sheet into the freezer for 10-15 minutes until the OREOs are completely hardened.
- Cut off the top and bottom of each OREO to kind of square it off. This way you’ll be able to stand it upright.
- Now dip the bottom or the OREO in the chocolate and lightly shake off excess.
- Place the OREO standing upright on the parchment paper. Do this with the remaining OREOs.
- Once the bottoms have hardened, slightly dip the top of each OREO into the melted chocolate.
- Work quickly but carefully place the gold sequin sprinkles on the top where the melted chocolate is.
- Use tweezers to dip the back of the gold sequin sprinkles into the chocolate to glue them on top of the ones already on the OREO.
- Randomly place more sequins throughout the already placed gold sequins.
- Place more onto the center on the top and build up to make it look like a full pot of gold. Do this with each OREO.
- Pull out the water bottle and put it on the cookie sheet.
- Next take the Airhead candy and cut each strip into thirds. Take each piece and spread some chocolate onto the bottom of the candy to act as a glue with a knife.
- Place the Airhead candy with the chocolate part onto the back of the OREO.
- Set the OREO against the water bottle to secure that piece of candy so it won’t fall off. Because it’s so cold, it will quickly harden the rainbow candy to the OREO.
- Repeat this with each OREO.