- 2 bags light brown/sand colored candy melts
- 1/2 bag dark chocolate candy melt
- 1 bag of Malt o Meal Marshmallow Mateys
- Optional: Edible Gold Spray
- Sort the marshmallows from the cereal.
- Then sort each marshmallow type into small bowels.
- Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Pour the two bags of sand colored candy melts into a large microwave bowl.
- Follow the package directions for heating in the microwave.
- Stir the candy melts until they completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted candy onto the wax paper and using a spatula or knife smooth it out into a rectangular shape.
- Work quickly and begin adding the different marshmallows to the map such as ones for water, one for trees, or one for mountains.
- Make sure to create an “X” marks the spot with some marshmallows.
- Freeze the bark for 10-15 minutes until hard.
- Next, melt half a bag of dark chocolate candy melts according to directions.
- When they are melted and smooth, pour the contents into a disposable frosting bag and cut off just the tiniest part of the tip.
- Pipe a dotted line all over the map leading to the “X marks the spot.”
- Add additional piping for outlining the “X” or a compass rose, etc.
- For a little sparkle spray some edible gold spray paint gentle on the map.
- Freeze for an additional few minutes.
- Break into pieces and serve.