Make your own butter and then add something delicious to it.
- 2 cups of whipping cream (or heavy cream)
- 1/8 cup ice water + 3 ice cubes
- pinch of salt
- Pour whipping cream into the food processor and puree for 2-3 minutes. [br]Watch for the cream to form hard peaks and start to fold on itself.
- When that stage is reach, drop 1/8 cup of ice cold water and 1 crushed ice cube through the hole and puree for another minute. [br]At this point, it should start to harden even more. Open the lid and see if you can pour off any liquid – that’s the buttermilk (you can save it).
- Then, add 2 crushed ice cubes and continue processing again for another minute or so until it looks almost crumbly. [br]At this point, you can pour off most of the buttermilk.
- Put the butter into a strainer and gently push on it to squeeze out the excess buttermilk.
- Now, wrap it in wax paper and refrigerate it.
- Category: Homemade Butter
- Cuisine: American