Make dinner all together and layer these Caprese Chicken Thighs over a bed of baby spring mix for a delicious salad. This recipe is so easy, and it’s done in 30 minutes or less.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- olive oil
- 1–2 tablespoon minced garlic
- sliced fresh mozzarella
- balsamic glaze
- baby spring mix salad
- olive oil/red wine vinegar salad dressing
- optional: crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet with lip liberally with oil spray.
- Lay out chicken thighs flat.
- Wash and spread cherry or grape tomatoes around the chicken.
- Rub each chicken thigh with a little olive oil.
- Sprinkle each chicken thigh with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until tomatoes start to pop.
- Remove from the oven and liberally sprinkle each chicken thigh with minced garlic. Sprinkle the garlic around the pan as well.
- Lay a slice of fresh mozzarella over each chicken thigh.
- Bake for 7-8 more minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Check internal chicken temperature with meat thermometer, which needs to be at least 145 F degrees.
- When chicken is ready, remove from oven and drizzle balsamic glaze over each chicken breast.
- Layer baby spring mix salad over a plate, top with roasted tomatoes and a chicken thigh.
- Drizzle juices from the pan and additional balsamic glaze as desired.
- Add dressing and feta cheese as desired.
- Serve immediately.
You can make your own balsamic glaze. There are tons of recipes out there, but I tend to just keep a bottle on hand. It lasts forever, and really saves time.