Make some Starfish OREOs with the kids using OREO cookies and Bugles! Come see how!
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt the candy melts according to package directions. I like to melt it in 30 second increments and stir after each 30 seconds until it’s completely melted and smooth. It takes about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Place the OREO on a fork and dip each one into the candy melt. Life the fork straight up and allow the excess candy melt to run off, then tap gently against the side of the bowl to get any additional excess candy melt to return to the bowl.
- Place the cookie onto the waxed paper. If air bubbles form on the OREOs, pop them with a toothpick.
- Dip bugle snack chips in the candy melts one at a time. Press the rounded opening of the Bugle against the cookie.
- Once all six Bugles are attached, sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Allow OREOs to set completely at room temperature or in the refrigerate or freezer.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
It is best to create one cookie at a time so the candy coating does not set completely prior to adding sanding sugar.