You can have frozen tamales right from the freezer ready in less than 30 minutes in the Instant Pot.
- Insert the trivet that came with your Instant Pot
- Then insert the steamer basket on top of the trivet.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Insert a small ramekin or something similar to help hold the tamales upright.
- Add the frozen tamales with folded side down around the ramekin.
- Set the Instant Pot to Manual.
- Set the time to 15 minutes.
- Do a natural release.
- If you can, it’s best to lift up the steamer insert out of the pot, but if you can’t reach it, then gently use a spoon or tongs to lift out the tamales.
- Serve immediately.