- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons hot butterscotch topping
- 1 cup cream soda
- Combine milk, butter, and brown sugar and whisk together. Heat in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Stir and heat for an additional 3-4 minutes until milk is foaming.
- Remove from microwave and whisk together until the butter is well mixed in and sugar is completely dissolved.
- Heat hot butterscotch topping for 30 seconds. Then, stir in 2 tablespoons of hot butterscotch into the milk mixture until completely dissolved.
- Next, add in 1 cup of cream soda and mix well. (You can cheat and add root beer if you don’t have cream soda, but it’s much better with cream soda.)
- Top with Hot Butterscotch Whipped Cream.