- 1 piece of frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 6–8 slices premium meats such as Honey Cured Ham or Smoked Turkey
- 6 slices of premium cheese such as Natural Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- After the puff pastry has defrosted, lay it out on a piece of parchment paper and roll it into a rectangle about 10 x 14 inches in size.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice the sides into slanted strips.
- Down the middle layer the cheese and then layer the meats.
- Fold the bottom of the puff pastry up, and then wrap the strips.
- Combine the water and egg and beat to create an egg wash.
- At the very top of the puff pastry, add some egg wash to the edge and fold over so that the meats and cheeses are completely covered with puff pastry.
- Brush egg wash all over the puff pastry.
- Combine the melted butter and poppy seeds.
- Brush the butter and poppy seeds all over the puff pastry.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for 1-2 minutes before slicing into 2-inch slices.