A delicious mac and cheese dish.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup half and half (or 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup cream)
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, save 1/4 cup for top
- 8 oz monterrey jack cheese, save 1/4 cup for top
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 cup ground Goldfish crackers.
- Cold Mac n Cheese leftovers
- 1 tbs oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 1 cup crushed Goldfish crackers
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Cooking oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray 9 x 13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Prepare macaroni and drain.
- Add butter to macaroni to allow to melt and stir occasionally.
- When butter has melted, add cheeses, garlic salt, and half and half.
- Stir until melted and gooey.
- Transfer to the pan.
- Sprinkle with both cheeses and the Goldfish crackers.
- Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes, then serve.
- Combine 1 tbs oil and flour in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds.
- Whisk in the milk and microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the cheese and microwave for an additional 30-45 seconds.
- Check sauce and whisk together. It should be thickened. If it’s still runny, heat an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour the sauce onto the cold mac n cheese and mix it together.
- Use a deep fryer or a heavy deep frying pan, and preheat the oil to medium high.
- Crush the Goldfish crackers and mix with panko bread crumbs.
- Use a medium ice cream scoop and scoop the macaroni into balls.
- Then, gently roll them in the cracker/breadcrumb mixture.
- Using a slotted spoon gently place in the oil for just 1-2 minutes.
- Remove when golden brown and place on paper towels to soak up excess oil.
- Category: Side Dish Appetizer
- Cuisine: American