- 6–7 Granny Smith apples
- 2 pie crusts
- 1½ tsp apple pie spice
- 8 oz. dulce de leche
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ flour
- 3 tbs butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar + ¼ sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp milk
- Peel the apples. Then, slice the apples ¼ inch thick or less.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix softened cream cheese and ¼ cup sugar.
- Lay out the bottom pie crust into the pie plate. Cut off excess at edges and pinch the crust all the way around.
- Spread the cream cheese into the bottom of the pie crust.
- Mix apples, flour, ¼ cup sugar, apple pie spice, and melted butter.
- Pour apples on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Drop spoonfuls of dulce de leche all over the apple mixture.
- Lay out second pie crust and cut 2½ inch circles all around the pie crust to layer over the apples.
- Layer the circles overlapping just a bit.
- Mix egg and milk together. Then, brush the egg mixture over the entire pie.
- Next fold end to end 4 pieces of foil and wrap around the pie and fold just down the edges to prevent burning.
- Bake 15 minutes on 425. Then, lower temperature to 350 and bake for 25-30 more minutes, until golden brown.