Love barbecue? Then you might just love this hearty casserole with brisket and sweet barbecue corn!
- 1 8.5 oz box corn bread
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese – divided in half
- 1 lb of chopped or pulled brisket (or pulled pork or bbq chicken)
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 12 oz bag of frozen sweet corn or 1 15 oz can corn, drained
- 1 15 oz can of ranch style beans (chili beans), drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Make corn bread according to package with milk and egg, and then add 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Spread it on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Heat up the package of frozen corn for 5-6 minutes OR Drain a can of corn.
- Then, top the cornbread with the corn.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Poke holes 1 inch apart throughout the cornbread when it comes out of the oven.
- While the casserole is baking, shred or chop the brisket and mix it with barbecue sauce.
- Drain the can of ranch style beans and pour over the top of the cornbread.
- Then, top it with the brisket.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes to get that cornbread to a golden brown color.
- Top with green onions and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Casserole
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cowboy casserole, brisket casserole, barbecue casserole, cowboy brisket casserole