- 1 box of white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of buttermilk
- 1 container of Betty Crocker Cotton Candy frosting
- 1 package of Duncan Hines Frosting Creations – cotton candy flavor
- 1 pkg of white candy melts
- paper straws for sticks for cake pops
- colored sanding sugar for embellishment
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, and buttermilk. Mix for 2 minutes on medium.
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9 pan and cook for 25-30 minutes, until done.
- Let cool completely.
- Tear the cake up into a large bowl and add all of the cotton candy frosting. Mix thoroughly until it’s all sticky.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash your hands in as cold water as you can stand (do this periodically).
- Then roll 1 1/2-inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
- When the cookie sheet is full, transfer it to the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove cake balls from freezer, and prepare the candy melts per instructions on the bag.
- Place a large piece of wax paper on the counter near the cookie sheet.
- Prepare sanding sugars into small bowls so they can be applied quickly.
- When candy melts are completely melted, stir in the package of cotton candy Frosting Creations until it’s completely mixed.
- Place paper straws about 1/2 way into each cake ball.
- Dip cake balls straight down into the candy melt. Pull up and let some excess candy melt drip off.
- Then set the cake ball on the wax paper. Quickly sprinkle sanding sugar on it before the candy melt dries.
- Allow cake pops to dry before packaging.