How about banana and snickerdoodle put together for a fluffy muffin that will leave you craving more?
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar + 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 and place cupcake liners in muffin tin.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and set aside.
- Melt the butter for about 30 seconds in the microwave, set aside.
- In the mixing bowl combine buttermilk, egg, olive oil, vanilla, peanut butter, and bananas and mix until combined.
- Add the sugar and melted butter and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients 1 cup at a time until just combined well.
- Add the cinnamon chips and gently fold in by hand.
- Combine the white sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 2/3rds full.
- After all cupcake liners are full, sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the top of each one.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Best served warm.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American