This Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Bake is so easy to make and so delicious, even the kids love it!
- 1 16 oz package penne pasta
- 2 12.5 oz cans chunk chicken, drained and rinsed and shredded
- 1 22 oz jar Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 16 oz package of fresh sliced mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 casserole dish with olive oil spray. Set aside.
- Make the penne according to the package.
- While the penne is cooking, drain and rinse the chicken and then shred it.
- When the penne is ready, add the ricotta and garlic.
- Add the chicken and Alfredo sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the pasta to the casserole dish and spread evenly.
- Place the slices of mozzarella cheese over the entire top of the casserole.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until bubbly.
- Turn the broiler on high and cook for an additional 2 1/2 to 3 minutes to brown the cheese just a tiny bit – watch carefully!
- Let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
If you prefer not to use canned chicken, cook 2 chicken breasts how you like and shred them. I prefer canned chicken because it is extremely tender and mixes well in with the pasta.
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Keywords: chicken casserole, chicken alfredo casserole, chicken alfredo bake, cheesy chicken pasta, chicken alfredo pasta