Need a fun Halloween treat to serve? Check out these Brimstone Brownies made with a layer of red cheesecake.
- 1 box of Brownie Mix – 1 egg, water, and oil
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- red food coloring
- black food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Mix up the brownie batter according to instructions.
- Tint the brownie batter with black food coloring.
- Prepare and 8 x 8 pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Spray with cooking oil spray.
- Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add egg and vanilla to cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth.
- Add drops of red food coloring to achieve a bright red color.
- Layer two thirds of the brownie batter into the pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Delicately spoon red cheesecake batter over the top of chocolate chips.
- Use a spatula to carefully spread out cheesecake batter and avoid swirling it into brownie batter.
- Take the last one third of the brownie batter and pour it over the red cheesecake batter. Cover the red layer as much as possible.
- Bake for 33-35 minutes, until the middle is not jiggly and a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting with a hot clean knife.
- Serve as is or topped with whipped cream.