The hallmark of a good Tex Mex enchilada is the enchilada chili gravy (not enchilada sauce).
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp bacon grease
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp mexican oregano
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbs Farm Rich Smokehouse pulled bbq brisket
- On medium heat in a sauce pan add oil and bacon grease.
- Once hot, add the flour and mix until there are no lumps.
- Add the sugar, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, and chili powder.
- Stir until it starts to boil.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and add the chicken broth.
- Keep stirring until it thickens, and then turn to low.
- Add the brisket and let simmer, stirring occasionally for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- If it gets too thick, add water to thin.
- Category: gravy
- Cuisine: Tex Mex