- 16 oz spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 45 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, cooked and drained
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 oz ricotta or cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream or half and half
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon red paper flakes – optional
- Sliced mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 and put spaghetti on to boil.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with olive oil spray.
- Brown the meat.
- Add spaghetti sauce to meat. Once it’s simmering, add cream and stir until well combined.
- Combine eggs and Parmesan cheese, set aside.
- Cook spaghetti and drain. Immediately add butter to the spaghetti.
- After butter has melted, add the egg/cheese mixture and the ricotta cheese.
- Stir until well combined.
- Add spaghetti to casserole dish. Then, sprinkle red pepper flakes over the spaghetti – this is optional!
- Pour meat sauce over spaghetti, do not mix it in.
- Lay the slices of mozzarella over the entire casserole.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Turn the broiler on for the last 3-5 minutes to brown the cheese just a bit.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.