This is a lovely little recipe for spiced apple cider cheesecakes.
- 2 cups of crushed Quaker Life cereal
- 1/2 cup butter, softened.
- 1 can of frozen apple juice
- 1 heaping tablespoon of apple pie spice
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3 8 oz blocks of cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 16 oz sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cupcake liners into muffins tins (2 dozen)
- Crush Life cereal with a rolling pin or glass over a gallon size ziplock bag full of cereal.
- Then mix 2 cups of crushed cereal with 1/2 cup of softened butter.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the cereal/butter mixture into each muffin tin. Then, use the back of a small measuring cup (like a 1/4 cup size) to push down on the crust into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely while preparing the cheesecake batter.
- While crust is baking, prepare the apple juice.
- Add frozen juice and apple pie spice to a small saucepan.
- Simmer while the juice is melting.
- Whisk spices and juice together and allow to reach a boil.
- Turn off heat and cool completely.
- Then, pour through a fine mesh sieve. Set aside
- Beat together cream cheese and cornstarch until smooth on medium.
- Next, add sugar and beat until well combined and smooth on medium.
- On low speed, add each egg one a time allowing each egg to be completely mixed in.
- Scrap the sides down between each egg.
- Next, still on low speed, pour in the apple juice mixture.
- At this time, the crusts should be cool enough to add the cheesecake.
- Fill each cupcake liner and leave about 3-4 mm of room at the top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until just the middle is sightly jiggly.
- While baking, mix up the topping of sour cream and sugar until smooth. It might a bit thick, if so, heat it for about 30 seconds in the microwave to make it easier to spread.
- Remove cheesecakes from oven.
- GENTLY spread the topping on each cheesecake. Try to work fast.
- Then, bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- If desired, sprinkle crushed cereal over the tops.
- Refrigerate at least an hour (preferably overnight).
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American