This post may contain affiliate links.
Do you have an absolute favorite hands-down holiday? My favorite holiday is Halloween, without a doubt! I love the decorating, the costumes, the spookiness – just everything! Plus, I just love making crazy spooky treats, especially if they are adorable alien monsters like these One-Eyed Alien Cupcakes!
The kids will love these for their class Halloween party. You’ll love them because they are so stinkin’ cute and easy to put together. You can make your own cupcakes from scratch or totally use a box mix.
Here’s how to make them:
Just use any plain white cake mix and add a few drops of green food coloring for that alien look.
You don’t need any fancy buttercream frosting because the little alien creatures just make these adorable. I just used store bought white frosting in a can and dye it green.
Add a small amount of the green icing to a ziploc bag. Now top each cupcake with a cute little octopus gummy. Next, add a small dot of green icing to the gummy’s head and add a candy eyeball.
You can even order the octopus gummy candies and candy eyeballs on Amazon.
Now I’m just picturing these little alien guys saying “Blrrgg” and sounding a bit like turkeys gobbling. LOL!
These are just so cute and fun to make! Here’s the easy peasy recipe!
- 1 box vanilla white cake mix
- 1 container vanilla white icing
- 2 bags of Trolli's gummy octopus
- 4 lime green gel food coloring
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 whole eggs
- 12 cupcake liners
- 12 candy eyes
- 1 ziploc bag
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Mix eggs, oil, water, two drops of food gel, and cake mix together.
- Place cupcake liners in a cupcake tin.
- Fill each cupcake liner 2/3rds full with batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix frosting and two drops of food gel.
- Frost each top of the cupcakes.
- Place octopus on top.
- Put some frosting in the ziploc bag and cut off tip.
- Pipe a dot on the eye and then place the eye on the octopus.
I always like to make new and different treats each Halloween. What kind of fun Halloween treats do you like to make each year?