I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. #EatMoreBites
With the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend, it will officially be summer! It’s nearly time for fun summer snacks and recipes! I’m so excited for sleeping late and lazy days and water park fun, and more!
This weekend we will be celebrating Memorial Day by hanging out in the backyard and grilling. But, you know what’s a hallmark of summer? Ice Cream! We’ll be having some homemade ice cream for dessert — creamy delicious and melting down the cone.
Recently, I was grabbing a few groceries at Walmart, and they had a sample for the new TWIX® Bites. Have you tried them? I thought the little bite sized pieces with chocolate and caramel and the crispiness of the cookie would be perfect for homemade ice cream.
I headed over to the big display at the front of the store with all the Bites to grab a few. I decided I would try to make Homemade Ice Cream with TWIX® and MILKY WAY® Bites.
We don’t have an ice cream maker. I find them loud and annoying, but I have learned to make homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker. It’s really so simple, and it comes out delicious!
The secret ingredient to making this kind of ice cream is sour cream. It thickens the ingredients to allow a dense ice cream to freeze. You can also use yogurt in place of sour cream, but it will not freeze as hard. It will be a lighter ice cream more like the texture of pudding. But, it’s also good!
I’ve made this ice cream a few times, but never with candy in it, so I wasn’t sure how it would come out. It was amazing! The chocolate and caramel mixed together to form a creamy sweet ice cream with little pieces of TWIX® cookies. I am definitely making this again!
After my test batch, we headed to the yard to enjoy our ice cream treat on a nice sunny (almost summer!) day!
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or plain or vanilla yogurt)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp vanilla
- 4 oz Twix Bites
- 4 oz Milky Way Bites
- Freeze mixing bowl for 10-15 minutes.
- Whip cream just until hard peaks form.
- Mix together sour cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, salt, and Twix and Milky Way Bites.
- Heat the Bites mixture continually for 30 seconds in the microwave, then stopping and stirring until chocolate is melted.
- Using the back of a spoon crush some of the cookies from the Twix Bites in the mixture.
- Mix in about 1/2 cup of the whipped cream into the melted Bites mixture.
- Then, fold in the rest of the whipped cream, gently combining.
- Pour into a freezable container.
- Place in the freezer.
- Check after an hour, stirring the mixture.
- Allow to freeze for an additional 4-5 hours until thoroughly frozen.
- Serve and enjoy!
Want to make some for your own Memorial Day Weekend? Click the coupon below to receive $1.00 off when you buy two 2.83 oz. or larger bags OR $3.00 off when you buy two 6 oz. or larger bags of TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, or other Bites.