Today we’ve got a recipe that just speaks for itself – Strawberry Peach Rustic Fruit Tart. It’s perfect to make with fresh fruit in the summer or frozen fruit in the winter and spring time. And, it’s a snap to whip up for a special weeknight treat.
Even though peaches are not in season during the winter and early spring, I still get a craving for them. I love keeping a bag or two of frozen peaches on hand in the freezer so I can whip up some of my favorite summer desserts.
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 8 oz frozen strawberries
- 8 oz frozen peaches
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon of turbinado sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Let pie crusts sit out for about 30 minutes.
- Roll the pie crusts out and lay side by side.
- Overlap the pie crusts all the way to the middle and roll with a rolling pin to smooth out to make one big pie crust.
- In a bowl mix strawberries, peaches, sugar, and corn starch.
- Pour into the center of the pie crust.
- Fold the edges of the pie crust inward over the fruit, but leave the middle open.
- Beat one egg.
- Brush edges with egg.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving topped with Reddi-wip!
With strawberries on sale in all the stores, you can definitely use fresh strawberries, and you can even add a layer of sweetened cream cheese under the fruit. This is another favorite rustic tart variation my family loves.
This is one of my favorite desserts to whip up. It’s like a pie, but so easy because you just fold it over the fruit and bake. If you’re afraid of making a pie for fear of making pretty edges, you really can’t fold this wrong.