Cookie Butter is probably my most favorite thing to eat in this world. Seriously, if I find it out on the counter, I will eat a spoonful of it right then and there. I know it’s just terrible that I do this, but it’s so good.
My teenager and I were thinking up what we could make with it, and I decided Cookie Butter Muddy Buddies sounded pretty wonderful. We switched out the usual peanut butter in the recipe and replaced it with cookie butter. It was pretty darn good. I will definitely be making this recipe as a muddy buddy favorite.
If you’ve been hiding under a rock and have never made Muddy Buddies before, we have a video! My daughter made this video for her speech class and now we’re sharing how to make these Muddy Buddies.
Cookie Butter Muddy Buddies
9 cups rice and corn chex cereal
1/2 cup cookie butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Pour 9 cups of Rice and Corn Chex cereal into a large gallon size ziplock bag.
2. Next, measure out the chocolate chips, cookie butter, and butter and combine them in a microwaveable bowl.
3. Heat for 30 seconds and stir, continually until the mixture is smooth.
4. Add vanilla and stir until combined.
5. Pour the chocolate mixture into the ziplock bag of cereal. Then, shake the bag to coat the cereal evenly. This will take a couple of minutes.
6. Immediately, pour the powdered sugar into the ziplock bag and shake again to coat the cereal evenly.
7. Pour the cereal out onto parchment paper to dry for an hour or so.
8. When the cereal is dry, seal it in an airtight container to keep fresh.