It’s time again for the Peanut Butter Bash. We get a new ingredient every month to pair with peanut butter! This month’s ingredient was cereal. Remember that Cracker Crack I made a few months ago? I still dream about that stuff, so I decided to make a rice squares cereal version.
This will probably work for anything from rice crispies to cornflakes, but I used rice squares cereal. For this particular recipe, I had a lot more cereal than I did for the original cracker crack, so I doubled the caramel-making part of the recipe.
I made it in the microwave just the same way and then poured it over the Chex cereal and mixed it up.
Then, I did things a little differently. I added the peanut butter and chocolate chips before baking it in the oven.
After the chips were good and mixed up, I greased an 8 x 8 pan and transferred the rice cereal mix to the pan, and then, I baked it for 5 minutes at 400 degrees to get the chips good and melted.
Then, I put the pan directly into the freezer for about an hour or so. Once, it was cold to the touch, I pulled it out and broke it apart. The kids just loved it as an after school snack.
- 4-5 cups of Rice Chex
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and whipping cream into a microwave bowl.
- Mix it all up and heat for 5 minutes. It will be very bubbly. Make sure it doesn't bubble over the top of the bowl.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the cereal and gently mix it up until well coated.
- Add chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and mix gently until well combined.
- Transfer to the 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Immediately remove from oven and put in the oven for an hour or so until completely cool.
- Break apart and serve immediately.
Here are some more Peanut Butter & Cereal recipes. Check them out!
Looking for more peanut butter recipes? Check these out:
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Donuts
- Vegan Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Toffee Ritz Cracker Crack
- Healthy Peanut Butter Milkshake
And even more Peanut Butter recipes HERE!