[disclaim]This is a sponsored post for Lunchbox. All opinions are 100% my own. [/disclaim]
Dinner time is family time in our house. We have family meals together nearly every night. We all sit around the kitchen table, laugh and joke, and talk about our day. I would much rather spend more time with my family at the dinner table than cooking the dinner, so I try to make quick and easy meals everyone will enjoy.
One of our favorite dinners is tacos. Everybody loves taco night! Usually I serve tacos with sides like Knorr® Mexican Rice. When I saw the recipe for Knorr® Mexican Rice & Beef Tacos with the rice cooked in with the veggies and taco meat, I couldn’t wait to try it out.
I headed up to Albertson’s to pick up all the ingredients. I love a meal where I can make the entire thing in one pan.
This is so fast and easy to put together. First, chop up all the veggies — onions, bell pepper, and tomatoes.
Next, brown the ground beef in a tablespoon of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter®, and season it to your tastes with salt and pepper. Then, let it drain and set aside.
In the same pan, add another tablespoon of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® and add the peppers and onions. Saute them for about 5 minutes until they are crisp tender.
Now it’s time to add everything together. Add the Knorr® Mexican Rice, water, and chopped tomatoes, and let it come to a boil. Make sure to keep an eye on it and stir occasionally because it will be done fast.
When the water is almost completely gone, add the ground beef and stir it up. Remove it from the fire, and you’re ready to stuff the tacos!
Taco meat, rice, and veggies all together in one dish! Then, you can add your favorite toppings – guacamole, cheese, salsa, and more! I have discovered minced roasted garlic tastes amazing on tacos.
This is definitely going into the weeknight round up for dinners. It’s quick, easy, and delicious!
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, divided
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 package Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Mexican Rice
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 8 taco shells
- Melt 1 tablespoon Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown ground beef, seasoned with salt and pepper, if desired; remove and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon Spread in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook peppers and onions, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in water, Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Mexican Rice and tomato and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in beef; heat through. Spoon into taco shells and serve, if desired, with lime wedges. Top, if desired, with your favorite taco toppings such as sour cream, chopped red onion and shredded lettuce.
Before you head out to Albertson’s to get the ingredients, don’t forget the coupons! You can save up to $2 on these Unilever brands at Albertson’s. Just click the photo below!
What’s your favorite week night meal with the family?