This post is brought to you courtesy of Hillshire Farm® but all the opinions and content are mine.
One of my family’s favorites is Hillshire Farm® smoked sausage. It adds great flavor to so many dishes. My preferred way to use it is in an easy stir fry. I can cook it all in one skillet and then have dinner on the table in just 15 minutes.
Often, this is one of my go-to meals when I’m in a rush. I can start the vegetables cooking while I’m slicing up the sausage. Since Hillshire Farm® sausage is already cooked, it doesn’t need to be added until the last few minutes. Then, I just steam rice in the microwave in two minutes while the stir fry is cooking down, and I’ve got dinner in a snap!
I was grabbing groceries at Target just the other day and saw that all the Hillshire Farm® smoked sausages were on sale. I had to grab at least a couple sausages, and then as I was headed to the checkout I picked up some fresh vegetables and jasmine rice. It was an easy dinner for another busy night.
Our busiest night is usually Thursday. My son has swim team practice and my daughter has winterguard practice, so I don’t get home to start cooking until after 8 P.M. This is the perfect meal for those nights.
My kids love smoked sausage even when it’s cold, so they can never stay away after I slice it up. Many times I find them sneaking it before I can add it all to the stir fry.
Yields about 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package of Hillshire Farm® beef sausage
- 2 pounds of fresh or frozen vegetables (snap peas, broccoli, zucchini, carrots, etc.)
- 2 cups of jasmine rice, cook
- Combine the sesame oil, brown sugar, minced garlic, soy sauce, and water.
- Head a skillet on medium high with the olive oil.
- Add the vegetables and stir occasionally.
- About 3-4 minutes into cooking, add about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the stir fry sauce.
- While the vegetables are cooking slice up the sausage.
- About 10 minutes into cooking, add the sausage and add an additional couple of tablespoons of sauce.
- Stir occasionally.
- When vegetables are softening turn fire to hot and stir frequently until the sauce is almost gone.
- Remove from fire and serve about a cup of stir fry over 1/2 cup of rice.
I usually complete this meal with some pot stickers and spring rolls, and everyone’s happy! What do you like to add to your stir fry?
If you’re headed to to Target don’t forget to add the offer for 20% off any Hillshire Farm® smoked sausage to your Cartwheel app!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hillshire Farm®. The opinions and text are all mine.