[disclaim]This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Jimmy Dean®. The opinions and text are all mine. #fuelforschool[/disclaim]
Hectic mornings aren’t good for anybody. It puts you and the kids on edge and in a bad mood, and sometimes there’s even tears. This is why I try to make mornings as easy as possible for my kids, so they go to school happy and refreshed, and they don’t feel stressed out.
When I was grocery shopping the other day at Walmart, I was looking for something easy for school mornings (and after school snacks). That’s when I found a great value at Walmart with Jimmy Dean® Pancakes & Sausage as well as my personal favorite snack – State Fair® Corn Dogs!
I have found that getting as much as you can ready the night before makes it so much easier in the mornings. Here are my tips for having a stress-free, easy school morning.
1. Have your kids take showers or baths the night before. Not only is it relaxing to help them get to sleep, it’s one less thing to do in the morning.
2. Prepare lunches the night before. This way you aren’t rushing around to get them finished.
3. Have everyone pick out clothes the night before and set them out. I just hate rushing around to find that missing shoe they MUST wear, so we always plan it out the night before. Then, everyone can get dressed quick and are ready to go.
4. Pack up backpacks before bed. We have backpacks, band instruments, and anything else packed and ready by the door. Even the chromebooks are left charging in their cases, so we can just grab and go.
5. Have kids help with breakfast. With three kids and a husband rushing out the door, we have to make breakfast easy, and part of that is having the kids help make their breakfast. If they want a fancy coffee drink, they pull out their own K-cup and whip it up.
They also can heat up their own breakfast. I always forget how great Jimmy Dean’s Pancakes & Sausage on a stick is! My whole family loves them, and they’re super easy to heat up in the microwave — even the kids can do it!
They grab a little cup of syrup and a glass of milk, and breakfast is done! This is also a great breakfast when my high schooler has to be at band practice at 6:30 AM! She can just eat it in the car, so she can sleep until the very last second.
You can also make after school just as easy. Here’s a few quick tips:
1. Have a set place for notes, homework, and backpacks. This way things can’t get lost.
2. Let kids relax. Unless they have an after school activity, my kids get about an hour to relax and do what they want before homework time. This way they’re refreshed and ready to work.
3. Kids can make their own snacks. My kids are often starving when I pick them up from school. I always keep a stock of snacks they can make themselves from microwavable soups to State Fair® Corn Dogs in the freezer.
With corn dogs, they love to eat them with some homemade honey mustard sauce, which is simply a squirt of mustard and a squirt of honey. Then, they swirl it together with their corn dogs while they’re snacking.
If you’re looking for Quick Stress-Free Tips for breakfast and snack ideas that your kids can make themselves, check out Jimmy Dean® Pancakes & Sausage and State Fair® Corn Dogs!
I’d love to know your favorite tip for making school mornings easy?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Jimmy Dean®. The opinions and text are all mine.