I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Mom Central for the National Pasta Association. I received pasta samples and a stipend to facilitate the creation of pasta recipes as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Pasta is a great meal that can fit into any busy lifestyle. PastaFits.org is the perfect place to find easy, quick, and wholesome meal possibilities for active families. When I saw this amazing recipe for Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Noodles on the site, I knew exactly what was for dinner that night.
I love garlic, probably too much! I love to cook with it whenever I can, and I regularly make batches of roasted garlic. You can check out the recipe I shared for making your own roasted garlic HERE. I also love to use angel hair pasta because it is such a quick pasta to make, especially for a week night. I couldn’t wait to make this into Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Angel Hair Pasta.
During the summer, we tend to eat around 7:30 or 8 o’clock at night. But, during school nights, I try to get dinner on the table by 6:30 or earlier. I like dinner earlier so I can help everyone with homework, get them in bed before too late, and still have time to spend with Nate before he has to get to bed. This is when we play video games together or watch all the grown up HBO shows we can’t watch when the kids are awake. Or, just be together. Sometimes we snuggle in bed reading Reddit together giggling.
What I love about this meal is you can roast the garlic as well as make the sauce ahead of time, too . Then, throw together a salad, heat up some leftover grilled chicken or steak, and the angel hair is ready in 5-6 minutes. In less than 15 minutes dinner is on the table!
Check out how easy it is to put together:
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 lb. angel hair pasta
- 4-5 heads of garlic
- Drizzle olive oil
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinchful of oregano leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta noodles as directed on the package.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut off the tops of the garlic heads and place them in a small baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, and place a small piece of foil over the top, so the tops don’t burn.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, and enjoy the aroma.
- Remove from oven and let cool until you can handle them, about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic into a blender/chopper/food processor.
- Add another drizzle of olive oil, the parmesan cheese, oregano leaves, salt and pepper.
- Chop until “paste” forms.
- Once the noodles are cooked and drained, add the paste and toss together.
- Serve Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Noodles, as a side dish or main dish with a wedge salad .
Pasta is not just a quick meal for weeknights, but it’s also budget friendly and versatile enough to please every palate. Pasta is the perfect way to pair fiber-filled vegetables and beans, heart healthy fish and oils, antioxidant-rich tomato sauce and protein-packed poultry and lean meats. Plus, complex carbohydrates like pasta provide the optimum type of “fuel” to power your muscles and brain.
If you’re looking for a delicious pasta meal that isn’t your typical spaghetti and meatballs, check out Pasta Fits. Not only does PastaFits.org offer recipes, they also offer nutrition information, contest and promotions, and general cooking tips and pasta facts.
Do you have a favorite pasta dish? Tell me all about it in the comments!