Recently, I shared a delicious recipe over at Buttercream Bakehouse for Apple Pie Cookie Bites. They are so easy to make right on the pan. It’s like eating a miniature pie with a flaky crust and yummy apples that just melt in your mouth.
After making those, I decided to see if I could turn my Peach Cream Cheese Pie into pie cookies. They came out so amazing, I decided this is what the kids will give their teachers for Teacher Appreciation this week.
Did you know this week, May 5-9, is Teacher Appreciation Week?
Then, I decided I needed a cute “peachy” printable to go along with the Peaches and Cream Pie Cookies for the teachers. I was so happy with how it came out, and it was so cute, I decided to share it with you. You can print it out and whip up these pie cookies in about an hour.
Find the printable after the recipe!
Since this was my test batch, my family ate them all before I could package up a set with the printable to show. But, here’s my gift giving plan:
Each set of crusts makes 8 pie cookies. I’m going to package up 4 cookies per teacher in a cellophane bag tied and wrapped with baker’s string with the printable attached. This way I can get 2 teachers per batch.
- 2 pie crusts, refrigerated works fine
- 1 package of frozen peaches - 24 slices cut in half
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbs white sugar
- 1 egg + 1 tbs water
- Preheat oven to 350. Flour or use baker's spray on cookie sheet.
- Allow pie crusts to warm according to package.
- Cut 24 peach slices in half.
- Roll out one pie crust on the baking sheet.
- Space about 1 tsp of cream cheese about 4 inches apart, about 8 times per pie crust.
- Add 3 halves of peaches on top of each cream cheese.
- Open the second pie crust and lay it over the peaches.
- Using a 3-inch biscuit or cookie cutter, cut around the fruit and cream cheese.
- Remove the excess pie crust. (You can re-roll this out for even more cookies).
- Use the end of a plastic utensil or knife to combine the edges together.
- Mix together the egg and water for an egg wash and brush it over the pies.
- Cut a small slit in the top of each pie cookie.
- Sprinkle the 2 tbs of sugar over all the pie cookies.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.
The printable says “You’re as sweet as a peach. Thanks for being such a great teacher.” Click the printable image to be taken to the PDF file so you can print your own “You’re as Sweet as a Peach” Printable.
The best thing about these little pie cookies is the only added sugar is the tiny sprinkling of sugar on top of each cookie. Other than that, it’s just the peaches sweetening the cookies.